Green tea has been associated over the years to hippies, monks and old Chinese people. But in 2015, green tea is MORE popular than ever before… especially in the west.
Today I want to give you a fact based list of reasons why drinking green tea should be a part of your daily life. Some of the reasons will shock you… I’m sure of it.
1. It prevents cholesterol build up in your arteries. Which in turn helps to fend of cardiovascular disease. So all that meat, dairy and eggs you’re stuffing into your gob, which is going to lead to heart disease one day… can be prevented with a simple cup of green tea.
2. It helps to protect the skin against UV damage, which is pretty damn mind blowing don’t you think? Obviously you can’t just drink some green tea and run outside in the blazing hot sun. But it can help more than if you didn’t fill your body with the nutrients found in tea.
3. The main nutrient in green tea is a plant nutrient called epigallocatechin gallate, or EGCG. It’s been known to increase the rate at which you burn fat, meaning the more tea you drink… the faster you will lose weight.
4. It keeps energy stable by balancing blood sugar levels, this means that your energy will be at a stable level throughout the day and you won’t hit any low slumps after food or a few hours without coffee.
5. Although studies are still being carried out, green tea looks like it could halt colorectal cancer, which is just incredible if you think about it. A natural tea, full of mother natures goodness fighting off one of the biggest killers in the world.
So there you have it, the main reasons why anyone (especially men) should be drinking more green tea. Oh and by the way, there are more flavours of green tea than you can even imagine these days. So don’t think for a second that you will need to force it down your throat, because there’s only one taste. Explore them all!
For more information on other very important health benefits, you should check this out.